Saturday, December 31, 2011

Our Itinerary

It will take us approximately 24 hours to get to our first destination of Buenos Aires, flying SFO to Minneapolis then onto DC.  (sure hope we don't have problems with our first stop, direct would have been better, but you've gotta love frequent flyer miles) We'll spend three days in Buenos Aires, then fly down to Ushuaia (the southern tip of Argentina), where we will board the Silver Explorer; our home for the next 17 days.

Once on board we will have one day at sea before arriving at our first destination - the Falkland Islands where we will spend two days.   Then we will be at sea for two days heading to our next destination - South Georgia, where we will spend three days.  Two more days at sea then on to our final destination - the Antarctic Peninsula!!!  Four days in Antarctica before heading back to Argentina.  It will take us two days to get back, crossing Drakes Passage.  (I'm a little worried about this part, the waters are notoriously rough, but we are covered with several options of motion sickness medications :) )

Now time to start packing, interesting task when you are packing for conditions that will range from the 90s to the 20s.

BTW, did I mention that we are going to see Penguins!!!  :)

3 comments:

  1. I've got prescription patches and lots of sea sick pills for us! No worries, just fun fun fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to read about your adventure! I'm sure it will be a great one! How do you plan on keeping yourselves occupied during those days at sea? Have you stocked up on books on your iPads?

    ReplyDelete